Sunday 14 June 2009

Sundreamer...

Ah the sun has returned, well it came back yesterday but i didn't want to jinx it but it's back, blue skies all around!
It's almost the summer solstice, the nights are definitely lighter now, in fact it isn't even dark at 10pm these days. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and just hear birds singing and i am so lucky to live in a beautiful and secluded place so have very sheer curtains and this morning the sun just broke through them like it was meant just for me.
I realise i've posted mainly pictures that i find when i'm online window shopping, truth is i'm not very good at writing and my thoughts aren't exactly inspiring! However, there seems no point to a blog if all i do is recreate what's already been done.
I don't want to be a dweller though, it's enough to say i have barriers to my dreams, but if i stop the dreams, if i give up on them then life would be very dark indeed so i need this blog, i need to let my dreams live on somehow.
All today i've been dreaming of being outdoors in the sunshine, you know when your skin feels alive, when the warm air caresses your neck and a smile broadens your face, for no other reason than you just feel good? Where every now and again a gentle breeze will come and just tickle the hairs on the back of your neck and soothes your skin.
I'd love to be outside planting things. I've never been one for just laying in the sun, in fact i'm properly the most awkward of sunbathers you will ever see! through history of many holidays i am still to find a position where i don't get numb arms, i can still read without either having my face in the book or it lifted so faraway that i need my glasses (glasses and sun do not go well with me- panda eyes was written for me!) and i burn like a lobster so if i don't move and reapply cream all the time i'm as red as a kitkat wrapper and as melted as the chocolate inside! So yes, if outdoors i love to have things to occupy me and the garden, well it's hard to describe really, if you've ever grown something from seed you'll understand, being so close to something so simple yet mysteriously complex and knowing you had a tiny part in it is just, well it's lovely.
I'm also thinking of the week ahead and next week it isn't just father's Day but it's my Dad's Birthday on the same day! So he get's double the presents which is great and all but what i would love to do for him is bake him a cake. In fact i'd love to bake him an entire tea- cookies, muffins, the cake, scones the lot. It's been so long, but i think it's like riding a bike, once learnt never forgotten and one day i hope it will come back to me again but for now i just have to satisfy my inner cook by adoring what everyone else cooks online and all the glorious images of their creativity- it's almost as good as making it myself plus i don't have the washing up to face!
And my final dream for now, driving in my most beloved car, i've had him for 8 years now, i adore him. He may not be the fastest, or have air con but there is nothing nicer sometimes than driving around just me, singing to my cd's, seeing the world living and moving on, knowing that it is still moving, still rotating even though sometimes it feels static. that independence is priceless.
So yeah, i know i don't have many followers or readers of this blog but to those who do i appreciate it so much, the fact you read means so much to me and when i get comments it literally makes my day. I will post pictures when i find ones that i adore and now the sun is out there will no doubt be many but at times there will be written posts like these, just because well for no reason really other than if you can't share your dreams somewhere then what good are they...
xxx

3 comments:

  1. One day your dreams will be realities. Yes they will x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there,
    first time checking out your blog and really like it! So quirky, like how you mix fashion with interior with art.
    from one magpie to another!
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your dreams...more so, since mine are past there dream-by-date...LOL!

    ReplyDelete